Friday, March 27, 2009

Divine Appointment at Citgo

I attend a bible study on Monday night each week in Raleigh. Each Monday, before I go to bible study, I will stop at the Citgo on the corner of Newton and Falls of Neuse, to get a drink and something to eat. Also, though, I stop there to talk to the clerk behind the counter. Over the last year or so, I have begun handing gospel tracts to every clerk behind the counter that I meet, whether it be at the gas station, Target, Chic-fil-A, etc.

So, after stopping for several consecutive Mondays at this same store, I began to develop a relationship with this clerk. His name is Sangaya, and he is from Kenya. Each week I have given him a new gospel tract or made it a point to ask him about the tracts that I had given him and what his thoughts were. He would always smile and say that he was reading them and was believing what he was reading. (You have to understand that I have about 30-45 seconds to speak to him each time, due to other customers waiting in line) Through our conversations I gathered that he is not a christian and has a limited understanding of the gospel. It is always my prayer that God would use the tracts to plant a seed of the gospel in his heart and that God would grant him the ability to repent and place his faith in Christ. The $1,000,000 bill tract is my favorite to use. People usually love these. Well, I believe the last two Mondays God has answered my prayer!


Two Mondays ago, I walked into the Citgo and he smiled and said hello. I asked him about the tract from the previous week and he said that he had read it. He then asked me if I knew of anywhere that he could get a bible! I was stunned! God has obviously been working in this gentleman's heart, and he is desiring to learn more about God and His word. I told him that I would be happy to bring him a bible next week. He was very excited about that. So, the next day, Kim and I went and purchased him a new study bible from Lifeway, and the following Monday, I presented it to him. He was very gracious and seemed very touched by the gift. He made several comments about the bible and how it was "perfect." God is so good.


I am planning on asking him this upcoming Monday if he would like to get a cup of coffee sometime or grab lunch. I want to talk with him more in depth about the gospel and show him how to use his bible properly. Pray that I will be bold in my witness for Christ and that the Holy Spirit will cause him to want to get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The clock's ticking...Go share your faith!